Monday, January 17, 2011

Time for an update... not a lot of new info

Happy 2011 wedding blog readers!

Curacao 
2011 has not been super productive on the wedding planning front for us. We have found a few locations we really like, but have not decided what we are going to do for sure. We were pretty set on Curacao (tiny dutch island off the coast of Venezuela ), but there seems to be some kind of deal-breaker for each of the resorts there. Plus there are Trip Advisor rumors of extreme mosquito situations which I am against. Since we know no people who have been there, it is impossible to know for sure. Other finalist include Aruba and St. Thomas. So for the time being, we are just keeping a cost spread sheet and spending all free time emailing unsuspecting event planners a million questions. I am nothing if not thorough. 

I did ask Ariane, my long time friend/fake sister to be my maid of honor. It was a very special moment at Panera Bread over french onion soup and sandwiches. I presented her with a greeting card that gave her the option to check yes, no or maybe. She checked yes before realizing that she is now contractually obligated to be my friend for the next year, no matter what


In other news my mom, future mother-in-law and I attended a Bridal Extravaganza earlier this month. We had a great time, but it was pretty much useless since I am not getting married here and left me feeling like maybe I hate wedding dresses...We are going to another one later this month and some kind of wedding fashion show in Austin called i.thee.wed, a night of inspiration and fashion. So hopefully I will find both inspiration and fashion. 


More to come once we make some actual decisions. 
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment